Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Journey Begins

Hello, my name is Alicia Grace Yantosca. Let me tell you a little bit of information about me. I am a vocal performance major at Texas Tech University. I play violin, piano and love to sing. I am hard-working and love to learn. My favorite subjects in college are post-tonal theory, choir, and German. I am a junior and will be having my junior recital on May 4th, 2013 at Texas Tech University's School of Music room 010 at 3pm. It will be a short thirty minute recital with a small reception to follow (it includes free food). I have thoroughly enjoyed making music with various colleagues and friends. I have been very fortunate to have much love and support from my family in friends.

 I decided at the beginning of the semester that I wanted to study abroad in Vienna for the entire academic year in 2013-2014. IES Abroad has an affiliate program through Texas Tech that I will be studying at. In the Fall of 2013, I will be taking elementary German I, advanced music theory I, a performance workshop, and voice lessons. In the Spring of 2014, I will be taking elementary German II, Lied (German song literature), music history from Arnold Schoenberg to the present, advanced music theory II, and voice lessons with a recital. I am very excited to take these courses and live in Vienna for a year and take in the opportunities that studying abroad will present me.

I will be have a benefit recital in the near future to help fund-raise the costs of the program. More information to come in following posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment